You may be wondering how I settled on the name for my blog, and aside from my first choice being already taken, the name of my blog expresses how I’ve come to view life. I’ve begun to more fully understand the role of dance, of ballet, in my story. Ballet has been a beautiful gift that has allowed me to express myself when I didn’t know another way or wasn’t given the freedom to do so. The idea of dancing also creates such a beautiful picture of the life, the story, we are living. A dance may be joyful or dramatic or sorrowful or some amazing combination of all three, but it’s beautiful simply because it is a dance. I love imagining our lives as dances.
I don’t have many photos from my dancing days, but I wanted to share a few of the ones I have. It seems fitting as I invite you into my dance filled journey…..
This is me with my best friend Iris at ballet camp one summer. We are rehearsing a piece with music from John Philips Sousa.

This picture brings back lots of memories. I was the Spanish dancer in the Nutcracker. I loved this role because of the passion and intensity and character in the dance.
Here I am rehearsing my role as the Spanish dancer in the Nutcracker. I guess I’m quite focused.
5 comments:
HELLO and welcome to the blogosphere! So excited you're posting!
I am amazed that NOTHING escapes you. How did you find me so quickly??!
Hee-hee, you wish you knew. No, seriously, I have a statcounter, it traces where people come from.
DAMN, girl- you've got amazing legs. That picture of you flying through the air is ridiculous. Wow.
So I guess the legs go right along with the "nice feet!!"
Post a Comment