Thursday, March 22, 2007

Go Tigers Go!!!

The Tigers WON!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh yeah!! Elite Eight two years in a row. Go Tigers Go!!!

I've never ever ever been into basketball...until last year. And now I'm a devoted Memphis Tigers basketball fan. I don't know what happened. I can tell you all about the team--what some of their backgrounds are, who the reliable three point shooters are, who you hope will not talk so much trash in the game that he'll get a technical, and who you hope and pray will actually make his free throw shots.

It's been a very fun couple of years. Memphians love Tiger basketball. Yes, we have an NBA team here, but everyone knows that when you say "Memphis has a game today" that you're talking about the University of Memphis Tigers. Kids are born and raised on Tiger basketball, and this city loves this team.

Tonight I couldn't handle sitting and watching the game. I was pacing the room stressed wanting desperately for Memphis to win. I persuaded my sister to ride around town with me and take a few pictures of the signs supporting the team. I got home just in time to watch the last five breathtaking minutes. I can't believe they pulled it out!!! Yahoo!!!!!!

And Laura, I'm so very sorry about your bracket.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

omigoodness.

Christina said...

Love the entry and the pictures!!!! Very true and the idea is super creative!!!

And, you should get me to do my impersonation of Andre Allen the next time we hang out. Beverly loves it. haha

texasinafrica said...

I'm finally in a place where I can reply to this. :) Actually, it didn't mess up my bracket too badly since your team LOST in the next round! :P

Christina, I must see your Andre Allen impression.