Friday, June 15, 2007

Getting Ready for School

I have always loved school supplies, and I still get really excited when I get to go shopping for them. One of my best memories from second grade is convincing my teacher, Mrs. Voda, to let me organize our class supply closet. I loved getting to review and sort the construction paper colors and boxes of pencils and crayons. As I am preparing to go back to school in a few months, I find myself more excited than ever about not just my school supplies, but also about going back to school. Yes, I'll admit that every time I go in Target these days, I somehow end up on the school supply aisle scoping out the latest pens and considering which ones I want to be sure to have when I'm back in school. For some time now, I have wanted to be one of the people I see in coffee shops pouring over books and writing a paper. I know I'll probably be ready to take back the previous sentence when I'm sitting down to write my first paper, but for now, I am so excited about learning and studying.

I'll try to remember to post a picture on my first day of class. I'll post it next to the one from my first day of kindergarten. It'll be fun to compare outfits.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

ok...umm..as I sit here at one of the most popular coffee shops in Greenlake, a neighborhood of Seattle you'll come to love,I am looking at the time, 9:33pm, I haven't stopped all day, worked from 9-1pm, 2-6pm I had practicum, where I had to counsel someone in front of 6 people for 20 minutes and then get critique. Now I have about 20 pages I have to write that are due on Saturday-then I have 16 hours of class between Friday and Saturday--only to sit and write MORE papers all day Sunday. Glad you are looking forward to school.

texasinafrica said...

Ha! I'm glad you're enthusiastic about papers now! :)

Seriously, glad you are excited and I hope everything is going well as you prepare to move!

Christine said...

haha jess! thanks for the shot of realism, but i'm also glad you're still loving school!

hey laura!! you have been on my mind lots. i'll write more in an email to you. i'm headed to crestridge this weekend, so there will be plenty to tell in a few days!! elizabeth tracked me down. i'm guessing you were the missing link. thanks for giving her my info. i loved hearing from her. ok, i should write you an email right now.....

H. Pierre Schlomo Presley said...

Glad you've blogged again! Let's talk this week, Fally. Hope camp was fun. Miss you.

Megan said...

I used to LOVE to sit at my dad's secretary's desk & play with all the office supplies. I think that office/school supplies are a large part of why I loved being an administrative assistant :)